Anybody that’s ever run a game knows it can be a chore. Between stuffing monsters in dungeon rooms, drawing maps, finding that careful balance between giving the PCs too much or, worse, facing the dreaded TPK (total party kill), it’s a tough job being the GM. And whether you’re an old hand, with several editions under your belt, or a first timer, still wet behind the ears, you undoubtedly want your games to be the very best they can be. Green Ronin’s Advanced Gamemaster’s Guide is designed specifically for you. It brings everything together and gives you the tools to raise you and your player’s enjoyment. Usable by itself or alongside Green Ronin’s Advanced Bestiary and the Advanced Player’s Manual, books in the Advanced Series take 3rd Era rules the next step. Inside you’ll find a slew of useful material, including:
- Expert advice on building a campaign, from tips on world building to adventure and campaign construction. This book also includes ideas for running published adventures and a framework for building your own adventures and NPCs.
- Advice for improving the play area, such as using props, miniatures, mood music, and other helpful suggestions, while also addressing the best ways to take advantage of players’ strengths and working with challenging play styles.
- Guidelines for changing the rules to make the game fit your vision. Options including class dodge bonuses, expanded critical hits, and quick resolution mass combat are all ways to make your game exciting and unique.
- Ways to speed up play such as set damage and criticals, simplified attacks of opportunity and more.
- Ways to add complexity like fortune points, variant spell systems, and experience debt.
- Character options including variant power levels, character backgrounds, building resources for downtime between adventures, and alternate methods for advancing characters such as vision quests and advanced training rules.
- Fantastic treasure including mundane item materials, to new armor and weapon qualities, and all new magic items such as boons, chakras, and levin.
- Rules for crafting artifacts.
- New poisons, diseases, and conditions like enamored and bewildered.
- New mechanics for mystic locations and unusual environments like the dreaded transstorm.
- Sample initiative cards and a campaign worksheet for recording your game changes.
- Cool illustrations from top artists like Kent Burles, Lisa Wood, Joseph Wigfield, Toren “Macbin” Atkinson, Terry Pavlet, and James Smith III.
From the expert pen of Black Company Campaign Setting and Bastards and Bloodlines author Owen K.C. Stephens, the Advanced Gamemaster’s Guide gives you the tools to take your games to a new level. Whether running a one-shot game or an extended campaign, this book is for you.
This product utilizes updated material from the v.3.5 revision.