A Guide to Transylvania is an indispensable accessory for any Masque of the Red Death campaign – or for a campaign for any game system set in the 1890s. This 96-page book contains everything needed to explore the exotic, fear-filled country that is home to Dracula.
- Highlights of this volume:
- A survey of Transylvania’s history and geography;
- an overview of the beliefs, practices, crafts, and language of the people of Transylvania, from the Romanians to the mysterious Gypsies, including a section on folklore and superstitions;
- the history of Vlad Draculs, the historical personality whose name has become synonymous with “vampire”; and
- maps showing Transylvania and the surrounding regions.
Additionally, A Guide to Transylvania presents sixteen personalities to enrich any Transylvania-based or -themed campaign, along with five new qabals, shadowy secret societies who either struggle with the heroes against the unnatural, or strive to strengthen it.